Hot Milk Lemon Scented Cake
This cake is moist with a hint of lemon and is especially delicious when made with Meyer lemons.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2968
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 332g
Saturated Fat 124g
Trans Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 63g
Monounsaturated Fat 125g
Total Carbohydrates 1455g
Dietary Fiber 20g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Super Fine Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Lemon Extract
- Lemon Zest
- 2 Six Inch by Three Inch Cake Pans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare cake pans with butter and flour.
- Sift together the flour, baking power and salt.
- Combine butter and milk in a saucepan and gently heat until the butter is incorporated into the milk. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool until 85°.
- In a double boiler, whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon extract. Heat until sugar is dissolved and a thermometer reads 110°. Add the lemon zest and then pass the entire mixture through a fine sieve.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg mixture on high for 10 minutes.
- With the mixer off, add the dry ingredients and then mix on low stopping the process to occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl. When well blended divide the batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- Transfer the baked cakes to a cooling rack.
The Maine Project http://themaineproject.com/