Swiss Meringue Frosting
White fluffy "marshmallow" frosting.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 217g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar (7 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Lemon Extract (for lemon cake) or 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in bowl of standing mixer or large heatproof bowl and set over medium saucepan filled with 1 inch of barely simmering water (do not let bowl touch water).
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture registers 160° degrees on instant-read thermometer, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and transfer mixture to standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Increase speed to medium-high and continue to beat until mixture has cooled to room temperature and stiff peaks form, 5 minutes longer.
- Using icing spatula, spread frosting on cake.
- Use organic lemon extract when preparing frosting for the lemon cake.
The Maine Project http://themaineproject.com/